Saturday 9 January 2010

To GT, the dream is over

STORIES BY CHUKS NWANNE
AT last, GT’s album is out. And like many of the works produced on Storm 360 label, it is a good production — something what the wait.
The 13-track album, which is already on facebook and myspace, include the hit single produced by TY Mix, Dreamer.
GT says, “I wrote this song years ago, when I was denied UK citizenship, despite being born there. Like every young man of my age, the norm is that there is a goldmine waiting outside, where I don’t have to strive for things we have in abundance; a place where dreams come true.”
Other songs in the album include Truly, a Yoruba love song with an English hook, which GT recorded two years ago.
Somehow, the recording fell below his expectation, so, he returned to the studio with DMM again to reproduce the track. Hope he’s satisfied now.
In Hustle, one of the songs he wrote when he was waiting for the album to be released, GT puts his soul and heart into the making. The song is already worming into the consciousness of Nigerians.
Other songs in the debut effort are Believe, Just Fine, Maga (recorded freestyle in his mini-video at home) Osima Gbomi, produced by Xela, I don’t Wanna featuring Naeto C and Kinimatise, inspired by a friend, who almost lost the love of his life due to cheating. Others include Ur loving, and Na U, a track he dedicated to God almighty. Wetin You Say, featuring the combustible Sauce Kid, and Champayne featuring DMM, Sean Teroo, Uzee Bee and Menis are also part of the new work.
The album is already on music shelf, and on the eve of Christmas, his record label hosted a release party at Saipan, Victoria Island, Lagos, where GT and his eight-man band performed.
Apart from Hustle and Osi ma gbo mi videos, which are already out, more of his videos featuring Tosin Martins, Naija Sings winner, Jon and Naeto C will be shot in no distant time.






Celebrity Takes 2 Dakore out, as Stella maintains lead
Nollywood actress, Dakore Egbuson, has been evicted from the on-going Celebrity Takes 2 dance show. The decision, however, was against the popular wish of the judges, who thought the actress should have been saved by viewers.
Notwithstanding, she received a standing ovation from the audience, who were at the eviction ground, for her performances while in the house.
For scoring low in the salsa contest last week, Dakore, alongside Fathia Balogun and Yemi Blaq, were put up for possible eviction.
Dakore was eventually evicted having scored the least vote, as compiled by Alexander Consulting, the firm that audits the votes.
In an earlier chat on her future in the dance competition, the evicted actress said, “well, I don’t know about that. I am really just taking it one step at a time. I’m not thinking that far. I just want to deal with this week’s dance and move onto the next and if God sees it fit I win, fine. If I don’t, fine.”
Meanwhile, her fellow actress Stella Damasus has maintained her lead in the show. She has not been placed on probation since the programme started two months ago.
Jazz singer, Yinka Davies, who is the only surviving musician in the contest, has however, revealed that she is determined to be the last person standing and eventually win the trophy.
When the show resumed last week, Damasus and her dance partner showed that the actress was not ready to leave in a hurry.
Her Salsa performance for that week earned her 33 points out of 40.
Fred Amata, who garnered 32 points and Yinka Davies with 31 points, were behind.
With these points, the three contestants qualified to proceed to the next stage of the contest, when the audience would be treated to dancing techniques of Paso & Waltz. They would be joined by the duo of Yemi Blaq and Fathia Balogun, who were saved by their fans through the SMS voting.
Obiwon, Faze, Kel and Zakki Azzay have all been evicted from the reality TV show.

1 comment:

  1. SUGAR MUMMY SEARCHERS/FINDERS: Please be careful/note that my below testimony on how I get a Rich Sugar Mummy have been copied/Edicted by some scammers who also scammed me before I meet/call Mrs Sandra's number which is +23481-4055-3826 Is only Mrs Sandra you should call if you need a true Sugar mummy agent, try female agent Mrs. Sandra. male agents in this I have tried them all. Please if you need a suger mummy, read below on how I get my Suger mummy please dont fall for scam I beg you with Almighty Alleh!.

    Do you need Sugar Mummy/Daddy?, Call Mrs. Sandra now on (+23481-4055-3826) she is genuine she linked me up with a Rich Sugar Mummy. I never believed Sugar Mummy is real until I called Mrs. Sandra on +2348140553826 which I saw her number through a post by “MUSA SAMUEL”, who testified on how “Mrs. Sandra” Connected him to a Rich Sugar Mummy after him also have been scammed online by other people, all the name of Sugar Mummy, I picked her Phone No which is (+23481-4055-3826) on “MUSA SAMUEL’S” post/comment, I called her, I also told her how I have been scammed online before by other agents, she told me to trust her that in three(3) hours she will connect me up with a Suagr Mummy, the fact/true was I did not believe her at the first place, but I was just like let me try, I followed all her instructions carefully, within three(3) hours she trully connected/linked me up to a Rich Sugar Mummy, it was like a dream to me when I first meet with my Sugar Mummy who today is paying me just as Mrs. Sandra said she was going to be paying me, you cant believe this, as I am talking with you now am to meet with my Rich Sugar Mummy today for the seventh(7th) time and she has been taking good care of me. please help me thank “MUSA SAMUEL” who directed me to Mrs. Sandra through his posts/comments also help me thank a woman who keeps to her words, I call her OMINI TALK & DO, her name is Sandra, she is nice & genuine you can also call her now on (+23481-4055-3826) if you need a Sugar Mummy/Daddy she will link/connect you to a Rich Sugar Mummy/Daddy, Alleh she is really nice & genuine may Alleh bless you Mrs Sandra!!

    ReplyDelete