Saturday 21 November 2009

It’s my mufler, my bead… no bandana, pls

Adeolu Adenuga, popularly known by his fans as B-reign, was born on May 29, 1989. The artiste, who sings roughly hip-hop and R&B, attended Maryland Preparatory Primary School. He then proceeded to African Church College, and later Igbobi Boys High School, where he spent a brief number of years, before he rounded off his secondary education at Tam and Dye Secondary School, Ojo. It was here he nurtured his musical talent. Signed up to Rockstedi Entertainment label, he tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what fashion means to him.

Definition of fashion
To me, it means being extremely simple.

Style of dressing
I go simple when I dress. I just put on my T-shirt, jeans, sneakers and a muffler to go but because of my African mentality, I always put on my beads.

Turn on
Listening to music really turns me on

Turn off
I hate arrogance. I’m not comfortable with people who are proud when they have not even achieved anything.

Most expensive item
That’s the jacket I bought sometimes ago, it was pretty expensive.

Most cherished possession
That’s my girlfriend. She has been supporting me since I started my musical profession.

Favourite food
I love jollof rice. I also enjoy fufu and ewedu with stew.

Happiest moment
The day I performed alongside Weird Mc and MI at a magazine launch.

Embarrassing moment
It was the day I was on stage with my colleagues singing, and somehow, the DJ just flipped the track and we were singing offkey; not only that, the microphone also went faulty.

Stylish icon
Internationally, I really like Usher and Craig David; they are simple enough when they are dressed. Locally, I love Banky W and Eldee; they’re good.

Role model(s)
Usher and Craig David.

Favorite colour(s)
I love purple; it suits my skin.

What can you not be caught wearing?
I can’t be caught wearing that little piece of material called Bandana; it will make me look like a tout.

Describe yourself in three words
I’m quiet, simple and funny

Favourite designer(s)
I love D&G, Nike and Adidas.

Philosophy of life
Help yourself, so that God can help you.

If you were given an opportunity to change something in Nigeria, what would it be?
I will try as much as possible to eradicate corruption from, our country Nigeria. The country is so messed up right now and that is why we youths, who are the leaders of tomorrow are striving to be role models, so that others who are also coming after us will take after us.

No comments:

Post a Comment