Saturday 28 November 2009

‘I’m Black, cool and forgiving’


INNOCENT Eke is from Obinze, Imo State. Born on January 2, 1983, he attended St. Paul’s Anglican Primary School, Idi-Oro, and from there, proceeded to Ransome Kuti Grammar School. After his secondary education, he has been in music. The rap artiste, who is fourth of his family, tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what fashion is to him.

Definition of fashion
To me, it is something simple.

Style of dressing
I dress like a rapper. I wear a pair of jeans a T-shirt and my sneakers.

Favourite piece of clothing
I do not know, but all I know is that I cannot get all dressed up without a touch of black in whatever I put on. I also think I love my chain, however, let me say, I do not wear bling bling things so much.

Most expensive item
I think it’s the collections of my cloth; they are pretty expensive.

Most cherished possession
My family; I can’t just trade any of them for anything.

Favourite colour(s)
I love blue and black, especially the combination of it.

Happiest moment(s)
When I’m with my friends, it makes me happy.

Embarrassing moment(s)
It was when I was performing on stage and the whole thing just turned upside down.

Describe yourself in three words
I’m cool, playful and forgiving.

Stylish icon(s)
I love Nick Dog and Puff Daddy, but locally, I love Wande Coal and D’banj’s style of dressing.

Favourite designer(s)
I think I like all sorts of Gorgio Armani; he’s stylish! I also like Versace

Signature scent(s)
I use Smart.

Favourite food
I love Moin-moin with fried rice and chicken

What can you not be caught wearing?
I can’t be caught wearing a pair of palm slippers, especially outside my house; it’s absurd for me.

Role model(s)
I look up to Nick Dog as my role model because I love his lifestyle.

Philosophy of life
Love your neighbor as yourself, because you never can tell who he is the next minute.
If you were given an opportunity to change something in Nigeria, what will be?
I think I will love to change the economic state of this country because it’s nothing to write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment