Monday 12 October 2009

Time out with the Fame lady



By Mark Ehidiame John
AFTER years of living in the Diaspora, exploring the London broadcasting and Hollywood film industry, Adora Oleh is back home to impact on the country positively. The lady, who was one of the comperes of the recently ended MTN Project Fame West Africa. She reveals her plan to start her pet project, The Adora Oleh Show, in Nigeria, which is going to be spectacular with lot of excitement beyond your imagination.



I believe MTN Project Fame West Africa is your first in the Nigerian entertainment scene, how did it start, who brokered the deal and how were you contacted?
Well, I was actually in Nigeria earlier in the year, April to be precise. I came home to conclude arrangements on my show, The Adora Oleh Show. While in Lagos, I heard of the audition for Project Fame, and I decided to go for it. I heard that I was successful when I got back to London, so, I had to rush back home to co-host the show.

Where were you before the fame project?
I was in London where I was born and raised. I was hosting a two-hour live interactive show, which was a lot of fun. At the same time, I was working as an International Film Marketing Promotional Manager with Paramount and Universal Film Studios in London, I was responsible for the international marketing strategies and film distribution across Europe for a variety of Hollywood blockbuster movies.

In the course of your media duties, can you mention some of the celebrities you have met and interviewed?
Yes, I’ve had the pleasure of interviewing an array of established personalities from rap and RnB superstars such as 50 Cent, T- pain, Young Joc, Kelly Rowland Lemar, 2 face, John Legend, D’banj, P squared, Estelle, Marlon Jackson, Akon, Banky W, Damien Marley, Sasha, Joe, Olu Maintain, Dare Art Alade, 9ice. Sway and Amerie to acclaimed movie directors such as Quentin Tarantino; business entrepreneurs and international presidential hopefuls, governors, ministers and ambassadors to name a few.

Obviously, you have travelled around the world, can you mention some of the remarkable events you have been involved in before coming to Nigeria.
Well, in my previous role at Paramount and Universal Film Studios, I was required to travel to Los Angeles, New York, The South of France and other cities for various film festivals and premieres. It was quite an amazing experience for me as during the time, I was involved in movies such as Miami Vice with Jamie Foxx, The Dream Girls with Beyonce and Jennifer Hudson. And Sex and The City The Movie with Sarah Jessica Parker to name a few, which was great!

I know that you have told us some of the things you’ve done with Paramount and Universal but can you please now tell us a bit more of what you were doing for a living before Project Fame?

Okay, before Project Fame, as a broadcast journalist, in 2005, my sister and I had already registered our own TV Production Company, Chiad TV Productions, where we co-produced two TV shows. One of which was a two-hour live interactive show and the other a music chart show. We also hosted and managed corporate events, which Chiad Productions still continues to do, some of the shows that we have been involved in include: The Nigerian Music Awards in London, Miss Nigeria UK, The Ghana Professional Awards, The Nigerian Institute of Accountant’s Award. We have also worked with the Princes Trust (Prince Charles’s official charity) and the MOBO Music Awards. Last year, I also had the pleasure of hosting the London leg of the ThisDay Music and Fashion Festival, hosting along side Trevor Nelson (MBE) at the Royal Albert Hall, which was absolutely fantastic!

Are you crowd phobic?
No, I’m definitely not crowd phobic, I really enjoy what I do, and I regard myself as a people person.

Can you recount the first time you stood before a large crowd and what happened?
My earliest memory of hosting a big crowd was the Nigerian Music Awards in London with Soni Irabor. He was wonderful to work with and the crowd was encouraging, very energetic and lively, which made my job easy, so it was a great first experience.

What is your ultimate goal in life?
Wow! Now that’s a question! Humm… My ultimate goal is to achieve everything that God has in store for me and so far I feel very grateful and blessed.
While you were growing up in England what were your dreams like?
As far back as I can remember, I’ve always been interested in the media industry. When I was young, I actually thought about what I’m doing now! So right now I feel like I’m living my dream.

What is the most challenging period of your life?
While living in London, I guess it would be the time I was working five days a week with Paramount and Universal Film Studios, which was a very demanding job and at the same time hosting and co-producing a two hour live interactive show every Saturday. Yes, looking back, that was quite challenging.

What do you have to say about your sudden change of environment, how are you coping?
It’s a pleasure to be here, I’ve been coming back to Nigeria for many years, before this time, so I’m used to the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment