Monday 25 May 2009

I’m bold and daring


Omolola Shonowo (aka Lolar Shon), is poised to dazzle the fashion scene with her Fashion Fussion show through which the formal presentation of the catalogue would be released to the public. The Theatre Art and Music graduate also had some training in Make-up before venturing into fashion. She speaks with OYINDAMOLA LAWAL on her style and fashion show.

Definition of fashion
Fashion is the right sense of combining colours and materials to make an impression.
Style of fashion
I am a T-shirt and jeans person, but for event I can be very sexy and daring.
Favourite piece of clothing
My fishnet legging.
Signature scent
Scenario by Sebrato Feragamo.
Most cherish possession
My Bible.
Most expensive item
My apartment.
What would you not be caught wearing?
Two pair of shoes.
Favourite body product
Black opal.
Family and education background
I’m the first girl from my mum. I come from a polygamous family. I went to Temitope Nursery and Primary School; Shepherdhill Girls High School, and later studied Theatre Arts and Music from the Lagos State University.
Why did you venture into fashion/make-up?
Make-up is highly creative and demanding while fashion is the expression of your inner self; so I decided take to it for self expression.
What is “Fashion Fusion” all about?
It’s the third edition of my fashion show, which involves hair, make-up, fashion and music. It is the formal presentation of my fashion catalogue— Fashion Fusion. And I am thinking of having the biggest fashion show ever in Africa.
Inspiration
My inspiration comes from nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment