Monday 20 April 2009

‘Do me baggy... no sagging, pls’


Blessing Jane

Blessing Jane Asibe, who is popularly known as Amaka for her role in the Super Story series, Enough Is Enough, was recently given an award by the African Youths Society, as a role model of the generation. Asibe an indigene of Ubakala, Umuahia in Abia State was born in Sapele, Delta State, where she had her primary and secondary education before moving to Delta State University to study Business Administration. She tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what fashion means to her.

Definition of fashion
Fashion is your person; it is your inner mind and all about you.
Position in the family
I am the second in a family of six children. My dad is a retired civil servant and my mum is businesswoman.
Style of dressing
Basically, I like being simple. It’s just jeans, a top and a fez-cap.
Most expensive item
My Bible
Most cherished possession
Jesus Christ. I cherish him so much and nobody can take that away from me.
Favourite colour
I love blue and brown. I love blue because of its distinctive effect.
Food
On a good ground, I love eba and Ogbolo soup; but because of my weight I now go on light food. Instead of eba, I eat agidi with more fish and vegetable; and a whole lot of water.
Favourite piece of clothing
My jeans, I don’t mind wearing it to church.
Favourite body product
I love Mary Kay, Black Opal and Mac; these three are just perfect for me.
Signature scents
I love irresistible couture by Givenchy. I also love Dune by Christian Dior and Escada by Estilalda.
Favourite designer
Givenchy, he’s good.
Role model
I love Joke Silva; I see her as a mother in all spheres of life, and as a force to reckon with. Internationally, I love Julia Roberts.
Stylish icon
I love Lillian Bach. She has a fantastic dress sense.
What do you do at your leisure time?
If I’m not watching movies, then I’ll be sleeping because I love to sleep.
Describe yourself in a few words
I am like the girl next door, homely and Godly.
What would you not be caught wearing?
I can wear even baggy jeans, but can’t sag my trousers for any reason.
Turn on
The presence of God. I draw my strength and my hope from God.
Turn off
Misconception and false accusations, I can’t stand them.
Happiest moment
The day I realised the power of God, and the efficacy of prayers in my life.
Most embarrassing moment
I can’t really remember any.
Philosophy of life
Life is what you make out of it.
If you were given a chance to change something in Nigeria, what would it be?
I will change the system of governance by removing the sycophants in power.

No comments:

Post a Comment