Monday 23 March 2009

‘Yes… Give me bright colours in any shape’


ADEKUNLE Oloyede Michael popularly known as Dekunle Fuji because of his fuji rhythm is from a royal family in Ipetumodu, Osun State. The gospel artiste, who is a graduate of Creative Arts from the University of Lagos, was born on February 14, many years ago. Currently working on a script titled Ohun okan mi Fe, his second album, My Logo, is in the market. He tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what fashion is to him.

Definition of fashion
Fashion is a person’s choice. It’s all about an individual’s choice.
Family background
My late father was a king, while my mum, who is equally late, was a businesswoman. I really don’t know my position in the family, but I know that my father had seven wives and many children.
Music and you
I can’t do without it; everything about me is just music.
Style of dressing
My mood determines what I wear; however, basically, I go on my jeans either with a T-shirt or a long shirt and my timberland shoes.
Most expensive item
It’s my life.
What would you not be caught wearing?
An Iro and buba.
Most cherished possession
My relationship with God.
Turn on
Good music.
Turn off
Dishonesty.
Favourite designer
A24. Though he is a local designer, his designs are very good, in fact, he designs all my T-shirts.
Favourite colour
I love bright colours such as blue and red because I’m very dark and it tends to bring out my complexion.
Describe yourself in three words
Outgoing, fun-loving and special.
Embarrassing moment(s)
It was on December 5, 2008, when I was expected to perform at Experience, a programme that holds yearly at the Tafawa Balewa Square. As we mounted the stage, the instruments just refused to work perfectly and there was a communication breakdown between the instrumentalists and the singers and we had to stay at the side.
Happiest moment (s)
It was last year when I won the Nigerian Entertainment Award (NEA) in New York as The Best Gospel Artiste of the Year, and the Nigerian Music Awards (NMA) as the Best Fuji Artiste of the Year.
Role model
Dr Taiwo Odukoya, he is my spiritual father. I also love Pastor E. A Adeboye, he is a selfless man of God.
Food
I love rice and egusi soup.
Philosophy of life
With God, all things are possible. Seek his kingdom first and every other thing shall be added unto you.
If you were given an opportunity to change something in Nigeria, what would it be?
It will be the mismanagement of resources. I just don’t like the fact that we have a lot of natural resources but we misuse them. I just believe it’s sabotage. I will also make Governor Fashola, the President of Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment