Tuesday 17 March 2009

Letter to my Val



Dear Vivian,
It is another St. Valentine’s Day. Each time the day comes, I sob. I don’t always wish to remember that day you left the country for France. I’m still sitting very close to the tree at the Village Square, where you left me 11 years ago, ruminating.
Though, the day is supposed to celebrate love, I sob because of the love I lost due to distance. I cry because this is the 11th year I will be celebrating Valentine without you.
I don’t know how relationship work when you are so far from your loved one, but all I know is that when I am in love, I like everything in my partner: how she is working, how she is eating and sleeping. I like to hear her voice and to hold hands with her.
Now, I am thinking about you again and beginning to dream dreams prophesised in the bible. I’m becoming more interested to see you after 11 years, because I know that love, happy family, health cannot be bought with money. But love.
I am very excited because you are the main thought in my heart now. I feel that you may still be my fate… my marriage. I do not want to lose this chance to meet my fate, again. Maybe, if we open correspondence again, it will become the beginning of the great love we desire.
I know it is very difficult building relationships through facebook, hi5, netlog, email and phone calls, but once in a while, you may find out that the voice you hear regularly makes your heart flutter a little quicker.
Our conversations on phone will help us to know that we are still real to each other. The sound of our voices will help us to feel our feelings, again.
My interest in you has continued to grow and I sincerely hope our friendship will not rust unburnth.
Love and relationships are truly one of the most paradoxical aspects of being human. For it is in love that we find the greatest of strengths and the deepest of sorrows.
Love can seem to be so fleeting and unachievable, yet it remains well within our reach if we only learn how to embrace its power.
To experience true love, we must be willing to open ourselves up and sacrifice part of our heart and part of our soul.
We must be willing to give of ourselves freely, and we must be willing to suffer.
It is only when we expose our inner selves to the white hot flame of rejection, that love can burn so brightly as to join to souls, melting the two into one, creating a bond that joins forever.
It is from this bond that we draw strength eternal and power ever lasting. It is in this thing that we call love that we find the means to achieve greatness, both in ourselves and in our lives.
Feelings have not a price, feelings have soul, heart and you can be happy only if you have a balance in your heart, if you are honest, faithful and caring.
True love is about doing everything in your power to see to it that your mate, or your children are happy and achieve their goals.
Many people in the world yearn for love. Two people, who live in two different cultures and countries, who both have the same wants and desires in life, should never surrender to the obstacles that may block the road ahead of them.
As I drink from Cupid’s cup of love, I say Vivian, Happy Valentine!
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment