Tuesday 17 March 2009

‘It’s Green for me... it’s prosperity’



Seun Akindele, a one-time model for Celtel, and the 2nd runner up at the Mr. Nigeria Pageant, also featured in the Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO), a TV reality show before going into acting. The native of Igede Ekiti was born on October 7 in the early 80s. He had his primary and secondary education in Lagos and Jos respectively, before going to the University of Jos for his bachelor’s in Civil Engineering. Since leaving the university, he has been into modeling and acting; and is currently featuring in a soap opera titled Spider. He tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA what fashion means to him.

Definition of fashion
Fashion is what you are comfortable in, and what you showcase to people. It’s basically trying to make a statement.
Position in the family
I’m the last of nine children. My Dad is a Pastor and my Mum, a Deaconess.
Style of dressing
I’m not a corporate person; I’m very casual because I like being free. I wear more of sneakers; occasionally I dress corporately according to the situation.
Most favourite piece of clothing
It’s my wristwatch, bracelet, and my ring.
Most expensive item
It’s my Italian shoe.
Most cherished possession
It’s my talent.
Turn on
It’s my acting career. I feel really alive when I’m on location
Turn off
Liars! I can’t stand them. I get pissed off the more they try to cover up.
What would you not be caught wearing?
An Agbada. It’s archaic and too bulky; I can’t put it on.
Happiest moment
It was my first appearance in a movie with Ramsey Noauh, and Onyeka Onwenu; it was titled Different World by Dickson Oreagbu.
Embarrassing moment
It was in my secondary school days in Jos, when I was caught cheating in the examination.
Food
My favourite dish is yam porridge with plantain, but my regular meal is rice.
If you were an opportunity to change something in Nigeria, what would it be?
It’s just the mindsets of Nigerians. I believe when one’s mind is changed, what he or she believes about one’s country or oneself would also change.
Life as an actor and as a model
I started modeling in 2001 and my first job was for STB McCann, a modeling firm at Yaba. Currently, I’m fully into acting and does modeling whenever it comes.
Favourite spot
The swimming pool at Country Club.
Signature scent
Light Blue by Dolce and Gabana.
Favourite colour
It’s green because it signifies prosperity.
Stylish Icon
In Nigeria, it’s Richard Mofe Damijo, and internationally, it’s Brad Pitt.
Role model
Generally, it is God; but in my career, it’s Richard Mofe Damijo.
Philosophy of life
Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment