Monday 30 March 2009

‘Everything is fashion for me’


ADEWALE Adepoju (aka W4) is a young and promising artiste. Born on April 20, 1982, the native of Ilesha-Ikoyi, Osun State is set to release an album, Just another day, to the market. He already has hits such as Hala-hala, Magic and No go wan go enjoying commendable airplay. W4, who attended Command Schools for both his primary and secondary education, tells DAMILOLA ADEKOYA, what fashion means to him.

Definition of fashion
I see fashion as an expression of oneself. It is a combination of ones thought and style.
Family background
I am the last of the two children in my family. My father is soldier and my mother is a cosmetologist.
Style of dressing
It’s just my chucks, pencil jean, fitted shirt and my bead. That’s just me.
Favourite piece of clothing
My pencil jean.
Most expensive item
That’s my Mont Blanc wristwatch.
Favourite designer
It’s Mont Blanc
Stylish icon
In Nigeria, it’s Tu Face Idibia, D’banj and Rita Dominic; internationally it’s Usher and Brandy.
How do you spend your leisure time?
I hang out in the basketball court with friends who are good at the game.
What would you not be caught wearing?
I can wear anything depending on my mood.
Turn on
Beautiful things; they really turn me on.
Turn off
I hate crafty people; they are not my kind of people at all.
Most cherished possession
My talent.
Food
I love plantain, amala and ewedu soup without stew.
Describe yourself in a few words
I’m simple and easygoing.
Happiest moment
It was when I came out with my first single, Temperature.
Embarrassing moment
It was my first performance, where I did an entirely different song from what I rehearsed. But I thank God it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
If you were given an opportunity to change something in Nigeria, what would it be?
The power outage in the country is painful; I want to make electricity regular and available.

No comments:

Post a Comment